Welcome creators and patrons of the arts! They Artists' Alley is open to artists of all levels to make, share, and sell their work. Whether you are a professional illustrator and graphic artist for a living, or this is your first time showing anyone those drawings you've been hiding away in your sketchbook, you are encouraged to join in and get creative! (Oh, and hopefully make some money too!)
Please review the updated rules and details below. By participating in the Alley, you are agreeing to adhere to these conditions and to uphold the spirit of the Artists' Alley -- a social space for the production and promotion of original artwork and its creators.
Remember to check out our Charity Sketchbook!
Any questions please contact kbooki at firstname.lastname@example.org.
||Sign up only 6 pm to 9 pm
||11:00 am to 5:00 pm
||10:00 am to 4:00 pm
||10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Getting a seat:
- Sign up for each day before alley opens with your badge name and number.
- If the number of sign ups does not exceed the number of table spaces, it will be first come, first seated basis at the time of alley opening.
- If more artists sign up than the number of table spaces by 9am, we will hold a lottery to determine who gets a seat. Remaining artists will be put on standby and notified via text or email if a seat becomes available.
- On Saturday and Sunday, Any artists who have signed up, but were not seated in the alley on the previous day, will be given priority before drawing lottery for the day.
- Table spaces are approximately 2.5' x 3' and only the assigned artist is allowed in that space.
- You must be actively working on art while seated. There are other artists wanting a seat in the alley, so make the most of your time while there. (We do encourage your the patronage of fellow artists within the alley. Just make sure someone has an eye on your seat if you decide to get up and mingle for a minute.)
- No sales of premade goods or crafts allowed. Completed commissions for pickup or display examples are permitted. Single art prints of original work will also be permitted in moderation. Please keep in mind, the purpose of the alley is for the live creation of art and commissions taken on-site. If your booth feels more like that of a retail store, consider instead reserving a space in the Dealer's Den with proof of a Michigan tax license. A good rule of thumb: If the items you sell could not potentially be created on-site within the Alley, they are not permitted. This is up to the discretion of the Alley staff so please abide by their final word regarding any gray-area items.
- If you need to leave, check in and out with the alley staff. You are allowed to leave your seat for 15 minutes at a time. If you are gone for longer than that, we will give your seat to any artist who may be on standby.
- There is NO electricity in the alley. NONE. You are not allowed to plug into any outlets you might see on the walls in the alley. Make sure you charge your devices ahead of time, or bring a battery pack.
- A laminator will be available to artists and located with the alley staff. Free to use at your discretion, but please provide your own laminate sheets. (There is a best buy and office max in walking distance! Get some ahead of time!)
- You must take all of your belongings with you when you leave for the day. Please leave your space clean and tidy for the next artist, or panelists. MCFC is not responsible for any lost, or forgotten items so make sure you keep track of your belongings!
- Don't be a pain to others. Please mind your noise, food, smells, sights, space, and social graces while in the alley. If you are upsetting the atmosphere in any way, you will be kindly notified. If the problem persists after warning, you will be removed from the Alley.
- NSFW and adult work is permitted as this is an 18+ event. However, please conceal with stickers and/or clearly mark folios and binders containing adult themes as a courtesy to your customers and fellow attendees. It's just good manners!
- Adherence to these rules are to be enforced by the Alley staff at their best discretion. Please help contribute to a peaceful, productive atmosphere by following the rules and upholding the spirit of the alley. Please come to us if you have any questions or concerns we can help you with!
Charity Sketch Book
- All artists (seated in alley or not) are encouraged to take a removeable sketchbook sheet from the Alley staff and create some art for the charity book.
- Art can be anything from a 5 minute doodle to 10 hour painting, or anything inbetween! It's up to you! Just remember to turn it in by Sunday morning!
- Please keep all work rated PG-13 or less, and intended for the general MCFC audience.
- Please return your sketchbook sheet to the Alley staff before the charity auction on Sunday. We will auction off the completed sketchbook to help our charity!
Good luck! And get out there and mingle!