- Donations for items into the Charity Auction will be accepted by the Charity Auction Coordinator and staff.
- A method for submitting donation information will be supplied prior to the Convention, via website and social networks, in order to begin compiling the list of items that will be displayed in the auction.
- Donations will be collected at the Convention in the Coatroom starting Friday
- Last Minute Donations: Items arriving after the start of the auction.
- All donations are always welcome, however, the donations must have a submitted Lot Card with item title and description filled out and returned to the Charity Auction Coordinator.
- Lot Cards will be available at the Coat Room prior to the auction and with the Charity Auction Coordinator during the auction.
- Items may be added to a donation lot once bidding starts (i.e. adding an item to an active auction in an attempt to increase bidding), however, the items cannot be contingent upon a minimum bid or affect the set amounts of a Tiered Donation
- If you are donating a professional service (ex: masseuse, or tattoo artist) you will need your donation to be approved by charity auction staff and you must be able to provide proof of your license to auction staff before the service may be auctioned.
- Commissions are currently not being accepted as charity auction items.
Live Auction II
- The Live Auction will be presided over by the year's chosen Auctioneer with the Charity Auction Coordinator and staff running the back end
- Auctioneer will be provided with the Lot Cards with item name and description in order to better convey the item(s) on the auction block.
- Bidders in the Live Auction will use their badges/hand raising to indicate desire to bid while verbally announcing the bid amount.
- Bid Amounts
- Starting bids under $50 must be at least $1 increments.
- Bids $50 and above must be at least $5 increments.
- Auctioneer will call "Going Once" and "Going Twice" on an item prior to calling the final "Sold".
- Once "Sold" has been called the final highest bid is the winner and is at that point obligated to provide the donation of that amount in order to receive the item(s) bid upon.
- The Badge Number of the winner will be collected at the call of "sold" as the identifier for the winner of that item(s).
Silent Auction (Optional/To Be Determined Each Year) III
- Items may be set as Silent Auctions.
- Silent Auction items will be displayed in Artists' Alley with a bid sheet provided for each item.
- Silent Auctions will have a set time the items are on display. At the end of that time the auction will close and the highest bid submitted will be the winner.
- Times for each Silent Auction item will be listed on the bid sheet.
- Unless otherwise noted on the bid sheet all bids must be at least a $1 increment.
- Bids less than the $1 (or listed amount) increment will be disregarded.
- At the close of each Silent Auction the winner will be contacted for payment and pick up of their item(s).
Donation Drives (Optional/To Be Determined Each Year) IV
- Some items may be set as Donation Drives.
- A Donation Drive will operate on the basis of a raffle. Anyone wishing to enter to win the item(s) listed must donate a specified amount as well as fill out an entry slip.
- Any multiple of the specified donation amount will get you multiple entries into the drive (i.e. Donation amount is $2. $2 is 1 entry / $4 is 2 entries / $8 is 4 entries / etc).
- Each Donation Drive will be open for a set period of time. At the end of that period one winner will be selected from amongst those who donated.
- Winner will be contacted once the Donation Drive is completed to collect their item(s).
Payment and Item Collection V
- Payment for winning bids will be collected after the auction has completed and all bids taken.
- Payment will be collected by the Charity directly.
- Payment methods accepted will be cash and credit/debit card (subject to the charity’s abilities).
- An area will be setup to collect the payments and distribute items to their winners.
- Identity will be verified with badge number and corresponding name to ensure items go to the correct bidders.
Motor City Fur Con makes no guarantees of any item's condition and no warranty is provided. All transactions are final. The auction staff reserves the right to remove or deny any auction item at any time for any reason.